The McLennan County 9-1-1 District provides physical addresses for structures within the unincorporated areas of McLennan County. To request an address please contact our office at (254) 776-8911. Please have the following information when requesting a physical address.
New structures include homes, businesses, mobile homes and barns.
- Determine where the driveway will be located.
- Emergency vehicles will enter your property via the driveway.
- Know the name of the road/street that your driveway will intersect.
- Mark the new driveway with two tall stakes, one on each side of the proposed drive. Driveways are generally 15-20′ wide.
- Tie two plastic sacks on stakes to make your drive easier to find.
- If possible, have landmarks and neighbor’s addresses available when you call the District office (254) 776-8911.
- The District will drive out and measure your new address after you notify the office that your driveway is staked.
- When it is plotted on the computer, the District will call you with the new physical address.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for new physical addresses.
- NOTE: Prior to the District driving out to your property to measure/compute your address, the driveway must be staked. If not, you will need to do so and call the District office again. Driveways not staked will be charged $20 in advance for a repeat measurement trip.
Existing structures include driveways and any type building on a property.
- The District has a conversion list of old route and box numbers. If your property has a route/box address, please call with the street name and zip code along with the old route and box number. Some properties have already been addressed.
- If your property has an existing driveway, there might be an address previously assigned to that particular drive.
- If possible, have landmarks and neighbor’s addresses available when you call.
For those addresses not correlated with the District’s database, directions for New Structures will be followed.